To enrol your child at Harrisfield Primary School, please contact the School Office to arrange an appointment with the Principal.
During your appointment the Principal will answer any questions you may have, conduct a tour of the school and complete a student enrolment form and other paperwork.
Please ensure you have your child’s birth certificate or passport as well as their current immunisation papers when making your appointment.
School Zone Information
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Prep Enrolments 2024
The Department of Education has released a new state-wide Prep enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Prep at a Victorian government primary school, including Harrisfield Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Prep in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Prep enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline at Starting School and Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) websites.
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Prep 2024 at Harrisfield Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school on 9546 9210 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- From 24 April 2023 collect an enrolment application from the Harrisfield Primary School reception and return it to the school as soon as possible.
- All enrolment applications for Prep students need to be received by the latest Friday 28 July 2023.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4 2023.